Heart Therapy: What are my Values


What are my values?

Education: beliefs and philosophy on education for myself/family:

I believe sometimes LIFE is our educator. I do believe a formal education or skilled training is obviously important, but I don’t feel that our society should be set measure success by education alone. I know some wonderfully talented individuals who don’t have formal training in their craft and are very deserving of success.

Politics:

 I like to keep up-to-date on current events. My job requires me to have regular contact with my local and state legislators which has forced me to look at politics differently than I did before. I like to debate some issues, but I don’t get too worked up about much in regards to politics.

Religion: I am a very spiritual person.

Parenting: How do I want to raise my kids? :

I hope my kids are to be open-minded, compassionate, helpful, respectful, loving children who carry these values and more into their adulthood. I want them to be productful individuals who give back to their communities. We are very family oriented. A favorite saying of mine is…I surround myself with friends who are like family and family who are like friends. I hope my children use this mantra when they choose the people who they want to surround them in their lives. I hope they will stay true to who they are in the decisions they make for themselves throughout their lives. Also teaching them about positive thinking & gratitude.

Love Relationship: What characteristics are most important:

Shared values, security, partnership, communication, trust, loyalty, fun, and the patience to grow with each other through life changes.

Men: who is the ideal man for you (if you aren't married)

I have my ideal mate.

Friends: what kind of friends am I attracted to?

open minded, compassionate, honest, fun, creative, someone who can think for themselves, someone who is true to themselves, someone who is willing to look at themselves, their strengths and their faults. Someone to have good conversation. Positive people

Movies: what kind do I like best?

Romantic, period pieces.
ex: Pride & Prejudice

Books: Favorites?

Self help, Inspirational, spiritual, quotes. A couple of my favorite authors are Jodi Piccoult & Elizabeth Gilbert. The Red Tent is a favorite book of mine.

Jewelry: What is my style?

Silver, gemstones, bangles, earrings, bracelets, and rings. To see a few of my favorite pieces view this {Style Statement post}

Fashion:

Feminine, coordinated, and classic with punches of personality.

Cars: If I could buy any, which 2 would I choose?

Not sure

Architecture and House Style:

I love two story victorian, cottage style homes with lots of character.

Furniture:

Comfy…a mix of new and old…

Gemstone:

Moonstone

Weather:

I love the four seasons. I love getting outside and capturing the essence of each season through photography. I love rainy days for cuddling up with a blanket and a book. I love warm, sunny days for picnics on the beach, I love the silence of a winter snowfall and the smell of a cool, crisp Autumn evening.

Geography: favorite landscape:

I love living in Michigan. I am an hour away from all sorts of different landscapes. Beaches of Lake Michigan, Forest and rivers, Urban, farmland…love it all.

Season: All of them

Music for Listening:

I am loving Adele right now. I have a wide variety of tastes when it comes to music.

Music for Dancing:

Hip-Hop! Pop

Leisure Time Activity:

Reading, My blog, crafting, decorating, Family time, dinner & drinks with friends.

Kick-up-your-heels fun:

Girl time! DANCING!

Exercise:

Yoga, walking, cardio

Television Show:

Parenthood & Vampire Diaries

Food to cook/eat

Pasta dishes, salads, fruit and soups

Restaurant:

Various…I like to try new things.

Shopping Place

Local shops, Meijer, Target, Kohl’s, TJ Maxx, Hobby Lobby, Thrift Stores, Goodwill, Mall

Vacation

I love road trips. I love taking the train to Chicago. Anywhere beachy

Sport to play

I don’t play any sports, but do to coaching being a part of lifestyle I watch a lot of boys and girls basketball…college & high school. I enjoy watching football also.

Color

I am loving shades of grey right now. Red, Eggplant purple, dark teal, aqua and white are also a few of my favorites.

Fabrics:

Colorful, Feminine, and sometimes lacey.


Flowers: Peonies, babies breath, lavender, hydrangeas, and roses.

Conversation: about what and with whom?

I love getting into deep conversations with people and finding out about who they truly are and what matters to them.

Favorite Age Group to hang out with?

Late 20’s to Late 30’s

I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little bit more about me!

No comments:

Post a Comment