Book Review: Rating System

I love reading! The bottom drawer of my nightstand is full of books I have on my reading list. I can spend hours in any type of a book store so when buying books I limit myself to storing them in this one drawer. A local used book store has a great policy of buying books at half the cover price for store credit. They then sell them at the same cost. This allows me to rotate out the books I have read without spending a lot of money.

037

These are some of the books on my list to read right now.
I can’t decide which I want to start next…The Historian, Middlesex or Little Bee.

Any suggestions?

040

I also bounce back and forth between the types of books I read. These are the books on my nightstand right now.
The two books I am spending the most time on right now are
The Weird Sisters & The Fire Starter Sessions .

048

I thought it would be fun to start sharing some thoughts on the books that I am reading.
Here is my Book Review Rating System…

One gold star is for books that I started and just can’t get into enough to finish.

Most books I read I would rate at  2 or 3 gold stars. These are good books, but just not something I would feel the need to keep taking up space on my bookshelf.

Four gold stars are for books I will keep on my shelf because I just fell in love with the book.

Five gold stars are for books that I loved so much that I can’t bear giving away my copy so when I come across another copy I will buy it so that I have it on hand to give a friend. I only have a few of these books on my bookshelf.

Book Review Rating System1

Right after having my little one in January I joined a Mom-to-Mom book club to encourage me to get out and meet some new moms. It also helped to motivate me to read more after having a new baby. It gave me some “me” time when he was resting.

This year I have read these books and would like to share my ratings.

The Room by Emma Donoghue
3 Stars

Room: A Novel

Life As We Knew It Trilogy By Susan Beth Pfeffer
3 Stars
Life As We Knew It

The Dead and the Gone (The Last Survivors, Book 2)

This World We Live In (The Last Survivors, Book 3)

Cooking for Baby by Lisa Barnes
4 Stars

Cooking for Baby: Wholesome, Homemade, Delicious Foods for 6 to 18 Months

The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
4 Stars

The Hunger Games Trilogy with Pin (Hunger Games / Catching Fire / Mockingjay)

Before I Go To Sleep
2 Stars

Before I Go to Sleep: A Novel

Handle With Care- Jodi Picoult
3 Stars

Handle with Care: A Novel

50 Shades Trilogy
3 Stars

Fifty Shades of Grey: Book One of the Fifty Shades Trilogy

It has been the year of reading trilogies for me. I got hooked on each one and had to go right to the next book which made me finish three books in the time it would normally take me to finish one. I also fly through most Jodi Picoult books that I read.

What are you currently reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment